Printing out your documents on Windows 10 or Windows 11 should be an easy task. You need to open your document and click the Print option or press the Ctrl and P keys. Unfortunately, error code 0x0000011b may sometimes ruin your plans preventing you from connecting to your printer.
Follow the troubleshooting steps below to get rid of this annoying error code.
Fix Windows Cannot Connect to the Printer Error 11b
Uninstall Recent Windows Updates
If error code 0x0000011b started occurring after installing the latest Windows updates, uninstall them and see if this helps. Many Windows 11 users confirmed that uninstalling KBKB5005565 and KB5005568 fixed the problem.
- Launch Control Panel.
- Click on Uninstall a program.
- Then click on View installed updates.
- Select the latest updates and hit the Uninstall button.
Alternatively, you can also use Command Prompt to remove recently installed Windows updates.
- Click on the Search icon.
- Type cmd in the search field.
- Right-click on Command Prompt and launch the tool as an administrator.
- Then run the wusa /uninstall /kb: command. Enter the KB number right after the colon.
- For example, if you want to uninstall KB5004567, run the wusa /uninstall /kb:KB5004567 command line.
After uninstalling the updates, check if your computer can connect to your printer. If error 0x0000011b persists, install your printer using its IP address.
By the way, you may want to temporarily disable auto-updates. When you restart your computer, Windows will automatically download and install the latest updates, triggering error 0x0000011b again.
Manually Add the Printer Using Its IP Address
- Go to Settings.
- Select Bluetooth and Devices.
- Scroll down to Printers and Scanners.
- Then click on the Add device button to add a printer or scanner.
- Click on the link that says the printer you want to add is not on the list.
- Go to Add a printer using a TCP/IP or hostname.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and manually insert the printer’s IP address.
- Hit Next to connect your computer to your printer.
- Print a test page to check if your printer works as intended.
Disable Print Spooler RPC Encryption
To fix error code 0x0000011b, Microsoft says you should disable the print spooler privacy settings on both the Client and Print Server. When the RpcAuthnLevelPrivacyEnabled Registry key is set to 1, Windows automatically encrypts RPC communication with network printers and print servers. Disable this option to get rid of error code 0x0000011b.
- Launch the Registry Editor.
- Navigate to
- Right-click on the Print key and select New→ DWORD-32 bit Value.
- Name the new key RpcAuthnLevelPrivacyEnabled.
- Double-click on the new key and set its value to 0 (zero).
- Restart your computer, and check if it connects to your printer.
To fix error code 0x0000011b when printing on Windows 11, uninstall all the recently installed updates, especially KBKB5005565 and KB5005568. Then, manually add the printer using its IP address. If the error persists, disable Print Spooler RPC encryption.
Did you manage to solve the problem? Which of these solutions worked for you? Let us know in the comments below, and don’t forget to share this guide on social media.