Facebook is an excellent social media platform for business promotion. Entrepreneurs can create a business page to advertise their services and invite people to learn more about their company. But sometimes, when you try to visit a business page, you may get an error message saying there was an error fetching data. Let’s see what you can do to solve this issue.
How Do I Fix Error Fetching Data on Facebook?
- Log out of Facebook. First things first, try logging out of your account. Then close your app or browser, wait for a few seconds and log back in. Check if the error is gone.
- Clear your browser cache and cookies. If you’re using a web browser to log in to your FB account, clearing your cache and cookies may help fix the problem.
- Disable your extensions. If you’re using ad-blockers or privacy extensions, they might be interfering with Facebook’s scripts triggering the “error fetching data” message.
- Update your browser. Check if there’s a newer browser version available and install it on your machine.
- Clear your Facebook app cache. If you’re using the Facebook mobile app, go to Settings, select Apps, go to All Apps and tap Facebook. Go to Storage and hit the Clear cache button. Restart your terminal and try again.
- Update or reinstall your app. Again, if you’re using the Facebook app, check if a newer app version is available. Install it and restart your device. If the issue persists, uninstall and reinstall the app.
- Use a different connection. Make sure your network connection is stable. If possible, switch to a different connection and test if you notice any improvements.
- Use a different device. Log in to your Facebook account on a different device and check if the error persists.
If you can’t visit a specific Facebook page because there’s been an error fetching data, log out of your account and then log back in to establish a new server connection. Then update your browser, clear the cache and disable your extensions. If you’re using the mobile app, update the app, and clear the cache. Did these troubleshooting suggestions help you fix the problem? Share your feedback in the comments below.