How to enable Facebook dark mode is a common query. Read on to know how you can turn on dark mode on Facebook in 2023.
While light mode represents the tradition and convention on the web, dark mode is the style statement of the present time.
If you use dark mode in your computer system and mobile app, you might also want your apps to run on dark mode.
In fact, even if you don’t have dark mode as your default appearance style on your devices, you might just want to know how to enable Facebook dark mode.
Regardless of the device you use to access Facebook, you can apply dark mode. For that, all you have to do is to follow the methods that I’ll discuss in the following sections.
But first, take a look at the reasons why someone wants to enable dark mode on Facebook.
Also read: Facebook: Close Friends vs Acquaintances
Reasons for Getting Facebook Dark Mode
These days, immediately after an app release, people start requesting to have the dark mode feature in it.
Dark mode means the color scheme that has a dark background and light-colored text on it. In case you’re wondering why dark mode is so popular, there are plenty of reasons for that.
Dark mode adjusts to current light conditions and puts less strain on your precious eyes. Especially if you use Facebook at night or in the dark, to enable Facebook dark mode means having ease of use.
Facebook dark mode can also help you save phone battery life. It uses dark pixels that need less battery power.
How to Enable Facebook Dark Mode on Facebook Web
Many people use Facebook from their computers and open it on their web browsers. For them, Facebook offers dark mode in a few quick steps:
- Open Facebook on any web browser.
- Click on the profile photo in the top-right corner.
- Select Display & accessibility from the menu.
- Now, the first option you’ll see is the Dark Mode. It’ll let you adjust your Facebook UI appearance either to dark or light mode.
- Click on the On option under the Dark mode section to change the appearance instantly.
The above method fixes the Facebook app user interface (UI) to the dark mode settings for all the time. However, there’s another option called Automatic. You can use it to adjust the Facebook UI appearance according to your system settings.
If you choose this setting, Facebook will turn on dark mode when your system’s dark mode is enabled. Alternatively, when you disable the dark mode on your system, Facebook web portal will also switch to the normal display which is the light mode.
Related reading: Turning on Chrome Dark Mode Settings
How to Get Facebook Dark Mode on Android
With the growing number of smartphone users in the world, it goes without saying that most people access Facebook through the mobile app.
Facebook mobile app users can try these steps on their favorite social media app if they want to know how to enable Facebook dark mode.
- Open the Facebook app.
- Tap on the hamburger menu (three lines) under the Messenger icon.
- Scroll down to the bottom to select the Settings & privacy option.
- Select Settings.
- Under the Preferences section, you’ll see the Dark mode option.
- Tap on it to find three options. The default one should be Off.
- Choose On to get dark mode on Facebook.
- You may also choose the Use system settings option. It’ll let the Facebook dark mode coincide with the system appearance settings.
You might also like: How to Update Android Apps Manually and Automatically
How to Enable Facebook Dark Mode on Facebook Lite
Facebook Lite is a version of the Facebook Android app. People with limited internal storage or a slow internet connection use this app to run Facebook at optimal speed.
If you’re using Facebook Lite, you can also use it in dark mode. Just perform these steps:
- Open the Facebook Lite app on Android.
- Tap on the hamburger menu (three lines) on the top-right side of the screen.
- Scroll and select the Settings & privacy menu.
- You’ll see the Dark mode option disabled by default.
- To turn it on immediately, tap on the slider button on the right.
- Now, if you want to sync Facebook dark mode settings with your system settings, tap the Dark mode option instead of the slider button.
- Select Automatic to turn on and off dark mode based on your phone settings.
- It means if your phone is scheduled to turn dark at 10 pm, your Facebook app will also become dark at the same time.
I personally like this method a lot because it’s good for the eyes. Looking at a dark screen with glowing fonts and images could be strenuous for your eyes.
Hence, you can schedule the dark mode activation on the Facebook Lite app. The app will switch to the dark and lite UI after certain interval by itself.
How to Enable Facebook Dark Mode on iPhone/iPad
Are you a Facebook user with an iPhone or iPad? If yes, you can use these steps to get the dark mode on your Facebook iOS app.
- Open the Facebook app.
- Choose the hamburger menu button in the bottom-right corner.
- Tap on Settings & Privacy to extend the options.
- Choose Dark Mode.
- Select On to activate the dark mode.
- You can also select the System option to make Facebook replicate the device configuration.
How to Enable Dark Mode on Facebook from Mobile Browser
Well, some users even use web browsers from their mobile phones to access Facebook. If you’re one of them, use this method for dark mode.
- Open Facebook on your mobile browser.
- Click on the hamburger menu beside magnifying glass icon.
- Scroll down to tap on the slider button beside the Dark mode option.
- Your Facebook will immediately turn into dark mode.
Also read: Enable Dark Mode in Gmail with These Simple Steps
As a Facebook user, anyone could want to enable dark mode for this particular social media app.
Since people use social media for a significant amount of time, using Facebook in dark mode will actually help them get less eye strain.
Moreover, the dark mode also doesn’t emit blue light. So, if you tend to check Facebook before sleep, it’ll not disturb your sleeping habits as a light mode would do.
Whether you use Android, iPhone, or Facebook web, you can just follow the steps mentioned on how to enable Facebook dark mode.
If you have trouble performing these steps, share the issue in the comments. And do share this blog on social media.
You can also check out how to enable the dark mode on WhatsApp.
Did this help? Let us know!