When installing applications that rely on MDAC (Microsoft Data Access Components), you may have a need to know the version of MDAC that is currently installed in Microsoft Windows on the PC. There are a couple of ways you can find out.
- Download and install the MDAC Component Checker.
- Run the application from “C:\CompChecker\CC.exe“.
- Hold down the Windows Key, then press “R“.
- Type “regedit“, then click “OK“.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Microsoft \ DataAccess \ FullInstallVersion
- The version will be under “FullInstallVer” and “Version“.