Taking the rear cover off the Samsung Galaxy S5 to access the SIM Card or Batter can be a bit tricky. It seems almost glued to the device since it’s designed to have a water tight seal.
In this tutorial though, you can learn to remove the rear cover with ease. Just follow these steps.
Remove rear cover
- Power the Galaxy S5 off by pressing and holding the “Power” button until a dialog appears on the screen.
- Select “Power off“.
- Place the phone face down on a flat surface.
- Find the tiny notch located on the upper-left part of the device.
- Starting with the notch, gently peel around the area to pry it from the device. The rear cover is a bit flexible, so it is not as likely to break as you might think.
Insert or remove battery
- To insert the battery, side it into the compartment with the gold connectors down and aligned with the camera lens. Then push the bottom of the battery into the bottom of the compartment.
- To remove the battery, use the tiny notch at the bottom of the phone and battery to pry the battery out of the compartment.
Insert or remove SIM Card
- To insert the SIM card, push it into the slot with the gold connectors facing downward and the notch facing the camera lens. Push the card in until it stops sliding into the slot.
- To remove the SIM card, push gently down on the card and attempt to slide it out. You may have to wiggle it back and forth until it finally gives. Once loose, gently pull the card completely out of the slot.
Replace rear cover
- Snap the case around the camera lens, then work from top to bottom. Slide and push to ensure all areas are snapped into place.