If you want to be able to listen to music on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 4, you can manually copy music files from your computer.
Option 1: Music App
- Connect your Galaxy Tab 4 to the computer using the USB cable included with the device.
- On the computer, open the “Tab 4” option that represents your device. It should be listed in “Computer” for Windows users or the “Finder” for Mac users.
Note: The device may take a while to show if it’s the first time connecting the device to your computer.
- Copy the music files over to the Music folder. Supported formats are:
- Use the “Music” app to play your music files.
Option 2: Google Play
Most versions of the Galaxy Tab 4 come with the Google Play Music app. You can use the Google Play music to play music:
- Files that are stored on the device.
- Downloaded via the Google Play app.
- Files synced to Google Play.
If you wish to sync your music to “the cloud” using Google Play Music, download and install Music Manager on your PC. Music Manager will scan your computer for music files, then allow you to upload them to Google Play Music, where they will be available to play from any device that supports Google Play Music.