You’ll need to enable USB Debugging on the Samsung Galaxy S7 if you wish to use developer tools like the Android SDK or Android Studio with the device. Enabling it requires a few “secret” steps. Here’s how it’s done.
- From the Home screen, select “Apps” > “Settings“.
- Scroll down and select “About phone“.
- Scroll down and tap “Build number” seven times until you see a message that says “Developer mode has been enabled“.
- Back out of the screen, and now you’ll have the ability to select “Developer options” in the “Settings” section.
- Under “Developer options“, slide “Developer options” switch to “On“.
- Slide the check the “USB debugging” to “On” and you’re ready to use your device with developer tools.
This post applies to the SM-G930F and SM-G935F (Edge) Models of the Samsung Galaxy S7 smartphone.