Need to know how to enable or disable the Kids Mode feature on the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone? Just follow these steps to install then turn the feature on or off.
Installing Kids Mode
- From the Home screen, tap and hold an empty area of the screen.
- Tap the “Widgets” option at the bottom of the screen.
- Swipe over a few screens, then select the “Kids Mode” widget.
- Select the “Kids Mode” icon on the Home screen.
- You will be prompted to install the application. Tap “OK“, then tap “Install“.
- When the install is done, select the “Launch” button.
- Tap the “Set PIN” button, then set a PIN you will remember.
- Setup a password that can be used if you forget your PIN.
- Setup the Kid’s profile. Only one profile can be setup per phone.
- Add contacts if desired or select “Skip“.
- Accept the disclaimer.
- Choose the applications you wish to allow in Kids Mode, or select “Skip“. By default there are kids apps loaded that do not appear on this list.
- Tap “Finish“
Using Kids Mode
When you’re ready to let your kid use your phone. Simply tap the “Kids Mode” icon on the Home screen. The icon should also be listed under “Apps” as well.
Disabling Kids Mode
If you wish to exit the screen, simply tap the icon with the door in the lower-right corner of the screen, then enter your PIN number.
Note: These instructions were built based on the Verizon model of the Galaxy S5. The steps may vary depending on your carrier. Some carriers haven’t included it as a feature.