The Bixby feature on the Samsung Galaxy Note8 and Galaxy S8 is a handy feature to some users, and annoying to others. You can disable it with these steps.
Disable Home Screen
This option will prevent Bixby from showing as a Home screen. It will not disable the Bixby button (See next option for that).
- Tap and hold a blank area of the Home screen.
- Swipe all the way over to the far left screen.
- Tap the little switch in the upper-right portion of the screen to turn the Bixby screen on or off.
Disable the Bixby Button
- Download and in Install the Bixby Button Remapper app.
- Go to “Settings” > “Accessibility” > “Bixby remapper“, then set it to “On“.
- Go back to the Bixby Remapper app, tap “Bixby Button Action“, then choose what you want the Bixby button to do. You can set it to do nothing, open Google Assistant, open the Camera, etc.
This method only works if your Bixby software has been updated to the latest version.
- Open Bixby.
- Tap the gear icon and select to turn the Bixby button on or off.