Most wireless plans allow you to use your phone on other networks, but beware of rogue carriers in other countries who gouge any customer who connects to their network. Don’t end up with a $62,000 wireless bill like this guy. The best practice to avoid such a disaster is to disable the Data Roaming setting on your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 when traveling abroad. Here’s how to access the setting.
- From the Home screen, tap “Apps“.
- Select “Settings“.
- Select “Moblie networks“.
- Tap “Data Roaming Access“.
- Select one of the following options:
- Allow access for all trips – To enable access anywhere you go.
- Allow access only for this trip – To temporarily enable data roaming.
- Deny data roaming access – To not allow any data roaming.
This post applies to the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 model SM-N920.