When trying to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with iTunes for Windows, you may get stuck during a step with an error that says “Unable to load SyncUICoreLocalized.dll“. To solve this problem you can simply repair the Apple Mobile Device Support application using these steps.
1. Close completely out of iTunes.
2. Navigate to “Control Panel“.
3. Select “Programs“.
4. Find “Apple Mobile Device Support” in the list of programs. If you click the “Name” bar to sort items alphabetically, it may make it easier to find.
5. Right click “Apple Mobile Device Support“, then choose “Repair“.
6. The Windows Installer should appear. Select “Yes” if prompted by “User Account Control“.
7. Windows should repair all components related to the application. A bar will appear. The process shouldn’t take very long and will complete without notifying you with a dialog.
8. Once the process completes, open iTunes and attempt to sync your iOS device again. It should complete just fine without displaying the “SyncUICoreLocalized.dll” Error.
I attempted this, and the repair failed. What do I do?
You may have to do a clean install. See if you can Uninstall “Apple Mobile Device Support”, then reinstall it.