In this troubleshooting guide, we’ll show you can fix the following OneNote error: It looks like this section file is corrupted. OneNote might be able to fix it, but you should avoid working here in the meantime. (Error code: 0xE00001BB).
This error usually indicates that certain Windows Registry keys associated with the Microsoft Office Suite files got corrupted.
How to Fix OneNote Corrupted Section File Errors
Create a New Notebook
Since your notebook includes corrupted sections, create a new one, and copy the problematic file’s content to the new notebook. Check if you can sync the new file.
If your Office installation is corrupted, don’t be surprised if certain notebook sections are also corrupted. Repair your Office files and check if the error is gone.
- Launch the Control Panel and click on Programs and Features.
- Then select Office/ Microsoft 365 and hit the Change button.
- You have two options now: either perform a Quick Repair or an in-depth Online Repair. Select the first option. If the problem persists, use the Online Repair option as well.
Clear the Cache
Your OneNote cache might be interfering with the notebook you’re working on. This is because your cache folder contains temporary files that might be blocking new notebook sections.
- Close OneNote, type %appdata% in the Windows search bar, and press Enter.
- Then follow this path: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneNote\16.0.
- Locate the Cache folder and delete all the files stored in that folder.
- Restart your computer. Launch OneNote and check if you’re still getting the same error.
Clear Junk Files
Use the Disk Cleanup Utility to remove junk files and clear temporary files from your computer.
- Launch Disk Cleanup, and select the drive you want to scan.
- Make sure to tick the files you want to clear. Check the two types of temporary files available on the list: Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files.
- Hit the OK button.
Restart your computer after you removed the temporary files. Check if the error is gone.
Did this help? Let us know!