If you are trying to start a Microsoft Office application or uninstall and repair from Control Panel and receive the following error:
“Something went wrong. We’re sorry, but we are unable to start your program. Please ensure it is not disabled by the system. Error Code: 1058-13”
This problem usually occurs because the Microsoft Office ClickToRun Service is not enabled. To enable it again, try these steps.
- Select “Start“, then type “CMD“.
- Right click “Command Prompt” and choose “Run as Administrator“.
- The Administrator Command Prompt window appears. Type the following, then press “Enter“:
sc config clicktorunsvc start= auto
- You should receive a “SUCCESS” message. Now type the following, then press “Enter“:
sc start clicktorunsvc
- Your output should look like this.
Now try to start a Microsoft Office application or run an uninstall or repair as you originally intended. Hopefully, it works now.