Not being able to post images on Instagram can be really frustrating. If you worked really hard to edit that amazing photo, you hope to get thousands of likes.
In this guide, we’ll focus on a specific error that occurs when you can’t publish a post: ‘Instagram Not Posted Yet. Try Again’.
Why Does Instagram Say ‘Not Posted Yet. Try Again,’?
The most common reason why Instagram can’t publish your post is a temporary glitch related to your phone. Maybe the app is not working properly. Or your device’s cache is preventing you from publishing a new post.
How Do You Fix ‘Not Posted Yet. Try Again’ on Instagram?
Check Your Connection
Make sure your network connection is working properly. If you’re using cellular data, tap the Mobile data icon to disconnect from the Internet. Then tap it again to go back online.
If that’s possible, connect to a wireless network or a mobile hotspot. Check if this quick workaround solved the problem.
If you’re sure your network connection is not the problem, go to the next step.
Sign out and Restart Your Phone
Sign out of your Instagram account and power off your phone. This will clear the temporary files that might be preventing you from posting on Instagram.
To sign out of Instagram:
- Tap your profile picture (bottom right corner).
- Then tap the three dots (top right) and go to Settings.
- Scroll down and tap Log Out.
- Hold down the Power button on your phone. Wait until you see the Restart/ Reboot option on the screen.
- Tap Restart or Reboot (depending on your phone model).
- Wait until your device connects back to the Internet.
- Then log back in and try to publish the post that previously failed.
Close Background Apps
Make sure Instagram is the only app running on your device when you’re trying to add a new post. Tap the Home button and swipe up all the other apps running in the background to close them.
After you did that, check if you can publish your post.
Clear the Cache
Clearing the cache may help you to bypass this error.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Storage.
- Hit the Clean up button.
- Then tap Junk files to permanently delete these unnecessary files.
- Next, go back to Settings.
- This time, select Apps.
- Tap Instagram and select Storage.
- Tap the Clear cache button.
- If that did not solve the problem, tap Clear data. See if that helped.
If you’re not running the latest Instagram version, don’t be surprised if you can’t post. Don’t wait until you start experiencing various errors and glitches. Update your app regularly.
- Launch the Play Store and search for Instagram.
- If you see an Update button next to the app, tap it.
- This will download the latest Instagram version on your phone.
Try Reducing the File Size
If you’re trying to add an image that’s larger than 1936 x 1936 pixels, you’ll get an error message — possibly, the error ‘Not Posted Yet. Try Again’.
Edit the image on your phone or computer. Make sure it’s under 1936 x 1936 pixels.
Reinstall the App
If nothing worked, uninstall Instagram. Long press the app icon until the Uninstall option appears. Then download the app again from the Play Store.
Let us know if you managed to fix this problem.