When you try to install Windows on your computer, you may sometimes get stuck on the “Let’s connect you to a network” screen. If there’s a Back or Skip button on the screen, click on it and check if you notice any changes. If nothing happens, restart your computer. Well, if your machine gets stuck again on the same screen, follow the steps below to solve the problem.
How Do You Bypass “Let’s Connect You to a Network” in Windows?
Use a Mobile Hotspot
If your computer cannot connect to a wireless connection, use a mobile hotspot instead. Sharing your phone’s mobile data may help you solve the problem. Just make sure to disconnect all the other devices using the same connection. The computer you’re trying to install Windows on should be the only device connected to your phone’s hotspot.
Use an Ethernet Adapter
Use a cable connection if your device still won’t connect to a wireless or hotspot connection. If your laptop doesn’t have an Ethernet port, use a USB to Ethernet adapter. Then, use a cable to connect your machine to your router. Try to install or activate Windows again.
Stop the Network Connection Flow Process
- Disconnect all the peripherals connected to your computer.
- Then, plug a keyboard into one of the USB ports.
- Note: Use a USB-C to USB adapter if your computer doesn’t support USB connections.
- Then, press Shift and F10 to launch Command Prompt.
- Type taskmgr, and hit Enter.
- Click on the Processes tab.
- Locate the Network Connection Flow process.
- Right-click on it and select End task.
- The “Let’s connect you to a network’ prompt should disappear.
- Create a new local account when prompted.
If your computer got stuck on the “Let’s connect you to a network” screen, check if you can connect to a mobile hotspot. Alternatively, use a cable connection. Use a USB-C to Ethernet adapter if your laptop doesn’t have an Ethernet port. If the issue persists, force-stop the Network Connection Flow process.
Did you solve the problem and connect your computer to the Internet? Which solution worked for you? Comment down below.