When Firefox performs a search from the Address Bar, it queries the same search engine you have setup in the search bar. If it’s using Yahoo, you can switch to Google. Don’t like Google? Use DuckDuckGo. Here’s how to switch which search engine Firefox searches when you use the address bar to search.
This tutorial was created based on Firefox version 46 for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X.
- Select the small downward arrow located next to the magnifying glass in the search box. Choose the desired search engine from the list and you’re done. If it’s not listed, move to step 2.
- Select “Change Search Settings“.
- Select “Add more search engines…” at the bottom of the screen.
- From the “Add-ons” screen, find the search provided you wish to use, then select the “Add to Firefox” button to add it.
- The new option will appear in the list of available search engines.