Misplacing your Smartphone can be worrisome as they now carry so much of our personal and professional data. For most people, their Smartphone is important not only for their businesses but is a source of vital communication. The value of your Smartphone is not just financial, but it is also personally valuable which is why it is important to be careful with it.
However, losing a Smartphone is not uncommon. It only takes a minute to set it down and get distracted, just long enough to forget it or have it stolen. If this happens, there are several ways to find your phone and get it back.
There only catch in protecting your phone is there are certain apps that must be turned on before you can find it with the Android Device Manager. As soon as you get a Smartphone, make sure you have ticked all the blue boxes in Device Manager to protect it should it no longer be in your care.
What is the Google Device Manager?
It is a Google tool designed to track your Smartphone should it get lost or stolen. It has been a crucial instrument in reuniting many people with their Smartphones. If there comes a time when you lose, misplace or have your Smartphone stolen, Google Device Manager can come to the rescue.
Steps to Take Before Your Smartphone can be Tracked
- Ensure that the internet connection is turned on. Always try to keep the Wi-Fi on so it can connect to available networks.
- Make sure the phone is connected to your Google account
- The phone’s location should be turned on. This is very important to allow easy tracking.
After all these requirements have been met, you can easily track your phone if it goes missing.
How to Find Your Smartphone if it Becomes Lost or Stolen
It is important to note that in this step, three different actions can be taken. Each action is dependent on whether your Smartphone has been stolen or been misplaced.
- Open the Android Device Manager on your computer. If you don’t have a computer, you can download the Android Device Manager app on another Android device and log in to your email connected on the lost phone.
- You will see the option of “Ring” or “Cancel”, click on the ring, and your phone will ring out loud for 5 minutes. You will hear it if it’s nearby.
- If you don’t find it nearby, you can press “Lock”, then your phone would automatically be password protected until you can unlock it.
- If you haven’t found it and are worried about it being in someone else’s hands, then click “Erase”, to wipe out all your data. If anyone finds it and has it in their possession, your data cannot be accessed.
Pros & Cons of Using Android Devices
While Android is the most widespread mobile operating system in the world, with predictions of becoming the dominant OS in general, that doesn’t mean that it is superior to its counterparts in every way, especially when we consider the iOS.
Depending on your phone, your proficiency, and your needs, you may want to opt for a different operating system or learn how to make the most out of the Android version on your smartphone.
[su_box title=”Pros” box_color=”#50ef3b”]
– Easy to program
– Allows 3rd party apps
[su_box title=”Cons” box_color=”#ef3b3f”]
– Not as streamlined
– Slightly hardware intensive
– Questionable app oversight
If you want to learn how to make your own apps, or to find out how most current Android apps work, you might want to take out Android Programming for Beginners that provides a nice, gentle learning curve for all that want to learn.
[su_button url=”https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KXQ834W/?tag=technipages00-20/” target=”blank” style=”flat” color=”#ffffff” size=”9″ center=”yes”]Check Best Prices Here[/su_button]