The “Find My iPhone” feature assists iPhone users with the ability to find where their iPhone is located on a map via icloud.com. The feature does use a bit of battery power though to function. Enable or disable the “Find My iPhone” feature using these steps.
Option 1 – From the iPhone
- Select “Settings” > “iCloud“.
- If prompted for a username and password, you will need to enter your Apple ID credentials. If you don’t already have an Apple ID account and wish to turn on the “Find My iPhone” feature, you will need to create one.
- Swipe down and select the “Find My iPhone” option, then toggle it to “On” or “Off” as desired.
Option 2 – From iCloud.com
This option requires erasing all data from the iPhone. It’s the only option for disabling “Find My iPhone” if you no longer have access to the device.
- From any web browser, visit icloud.com, and sign in using you Apple ID credentials.
- Select “Find iPhone“.
- Select the “All Devices” option at the top of the screen, then select your device.
- Choose the “Erase iPhone” option.