Enable or disable the “Manage” option when you right click on the “This PC” option in Microsoft Windows 10.
You may want to disable this option if you’re an administrator and don’t want your users messing around with the option. Pro Windows users will want this option enabled.
- Hold the Windows Key and press “R” to bring up the Run dialog.
- Type “regedit“, then press “Enter“.
- Navigate to the following location in the registry:
- Double-click on “NoManageMyComputerVerb” if it exists. If it doesn’t exist, you can create it.
- Set this value to “1” to disable the Manage option. Set this value to “0” to enable the Manage option.
- Restart the computer.
Note: The “Manage” option will show as grayed out when it is disabled.
Why can’t I enable the “Manage” option on my PC?
If you’re working with a company owned PC, your system administators may have it locked down where you cannot access the “Manage” option. Login with an administrator account, or ask a person in your IT department for assistance.