Microsoft Office is part of an incredible suite of software products from Microsoft. While many have tried to make something as suitable for office work, there are no programs that have such a wide variety and utility for everyday tasks.
The native integration of one platform to the other makes the handling office work easier and allows you to do a variety of tasks, including keeping minutes, handling accounting books, and incorporating certain features of Microsoft Office products in your document.
In addition to graphs and pie charts, you can also insert an Excel sheet into your Microsoft Word document. It’s an easy process, but if you’ve never done it before it can be a bit confusing at first.
Here are the guiding steps for embedding an Excel sheet.
Pros & Cons of Embedding Excel Worksheets in WordWhile the ease with which you can import your sheets into word documents is a very welcomed feature, and one that will increase productivity for many, there are are few drawbacks that you should be aware of.
Once you compare the cons with the pros, you will be able to determine better if you would want to import Excel into Word directly or use other tools to represent the same data.
Consider Buying MS Office 2019You can buy an activation card for Microsoft Office 2019 from Amazon and get it shipped by mail. The code will work for both Windows and MacOS users. This package contains PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Access, and all other core Office programs.
Steps to Embed a New Excel Worksheet in a Word DocumentFollow these steps, to embed a new excel spreadsheet in a Word doc:
1. Choose the Location for your Microsoft Excel spreadsheet in your document. Place your cursor where you want to project your spreadsheet.
2. Use the Insert tab in the command section. This section contains all the tools for your Microsoft Word document.
3. Open the Object tab, from the Insert A list of options will reveal on the screen.
4. Now you will see a dialogue box on your screen. To embed a new spreadsheet, press the Create New This will show you multiple options to choose from. Choose Microsoft Office Excel Worksheet from the drop-down list. Now click Ok from the Object dialogue box to proceed further.
5. A blank spreadsheet will appear on the selected location of your document. You can apply all the formulae and features of Microsoft Excel on your added worksheet. Microsoft Office embedding feature switches you between Word and Excel interface.
6. If you want to work in the Microsoft Excel interface, click on the inserted worksheet. Click outside the spreadsheet on the Microsoft Word document. This will enable the Microsoft Word interface.
7. Follow these simple steps. They will add your multiple numbers of Microsoft Excel worksheets in your text file.
Steps to Add an Existing Microsoft Excel SpreadsheetYou can also add an existing into your Word document, as opposed to placing a blank spreadsheet in the doc. Here are the steps:
1. To add a ready-made Microsoft Excel worksheet, you have to switch into the Word interface. To be in Microsoft Word interface, click anywhere in your document.
2. Place your pointer to your chosen location in your Microsoft Word document. Now hit the Insert tab to get the options. Once again, select the Object A dialogue box will make an appearance.
3. From the dialogue box, you have to click on the Create from File. Here, you can see the browse button.
4. Browse button will let Microsoft Office locate the path of your Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. You search your files in all the storage directories.
5. Select your required file and press on the Insert button in the dialogue box. Now you will see the file path in the FileName Press the Ok button to add your worksheet.
6. Your Microsoft Excel worksheet will appear on the screen. You can use it as a standard spreadsheet.
ConclusionEmbedding an Excel worksheet in a Word document is easy, but it takes a bit of practice because there are several steps. Once you get the hang of it, you’ll be able to add spreadsheets in seconds.