The Apple Software Update kept appearing on my computer to remind me to update iTunes, QuickTime, and iCloud. I wanted to disable it, but I couldn’t figure out where or how it was running. I didn’t find it in my Startup folder or in the registry anywhere. Soon I discovered it was in my Scheduled Tasks. Here is how you can prevent the Apple Software Update screen from appearing.
Windows 10, 8, 7, & Vista
- Click the Windows Start button in the lower-left corner and type task scheduler in the Start Search box. Open the “Task Scheduler“.
- Expand the “Task Schedule Library” section.
- Select the “Apple” folder.
- Right-click “AppleSoftwareUpdate” and select “Disable” or “Delete“.
- Click “Start” > “Programs” > “Accessories” > “System Tools” > “Scheduled Tasks“.
- Right-click on “AppleSoftwareUpdate” and select “Delete“.