There are numerous ways through which an Excel file can be converted to a PDF format, and there are multiple reasons why you might need to do a conversion. One of the most significant is that it is more difficult to open and read a spreadsheet program on computers, mobile phones, and tablets when it’s not in PDF.
Another reason why conversion is sometimes necessary is that all Excel files need a particular program to be read and edited. This makes it difficult to share an Excel document with those who do not have the software required to open an Excel file.
Installing PDF on a phone, tablet, or other mobile devices for downloading Excel documents on the go makes it easy to open and read the file without any spreadsheet viewer or the spreadsheet editor.
To work on an Excel document, you need Excel installed on your computer. If you have installed Excel on your PC, you can convert XLS to PDF, or you may convert XLSX to PDF.
You do this as follows:
1. Click and open the File>Export menu.
2. The next step is to tab the Create PDF/PS option.
3. Select PDF (*.pdf). Selecting this option will help you in making an XPS file. (There is another simple and quicker way of doing this conversion. You may alter some of the advanced options. In the Publish as PDF or XPS Windows, click Options. You will have quite a few options like exporting only a few pages to PDF, or exporting all the worksheets, etc.)
4. Select Publish. This will enable you to save the Excel file to the PDF format.
If you are using a Mac computer, the process of converting an Excel file to PDF format can be done through the Save As menu options:
1. Click or tap file. Select Save As. This will pop-up a box to save the Excel document.
2. Right next to File Format, choose PDF. This option will be there at the bottom of that Window. You have the option to convert either a single worksheet or you may convert the entire workbook (i.e., you may convert all the worksheets.
3. Click Save. This will complete the conversion process.
An Excel worksheet can also be converted to PDF format through a PDF converter. novaPDF is a PDF converter that helps you in creating and converting files in PDF format. This is another way through which the conversion can be done by following some simple steps. To use a PDF converter:
1. First, download novaPDF. This is easy, and it’s supported by the entire Windows family.
2. In the file Window, click Print.
3. In the Print section, select novaPDF out of the given list of options.
4. Before the creation of the PDF file, it is essential to adjust the settings of novaPDF. This can be done by using the link of Printer Properties.
5. In the section entitled Settings, you can choose from printing the worksheets.
Pros & Cons of Using Excel
Generally speaking, there are no downsides to knowing all that Excel has to offer, and focusing on just one option might infringe on other skills and solutions. Having more options is the best thing here, as you should know both the short way and the long way, as well as all the features that come with both.
Also, you can buy the Excel 2016 Bible from Amazon and learn even more features that are possible with this MS Office program.