You can connect your Samsung Galaxy S6 smartphone to your TV and watch videos on a bigger screen. Just follow these steps.
Option 1 – Miracast or BLE
- Obtain one of the following items:
- Ensure your TV or device is setup and ready to receive video.
- Register your TV from the Galaxy S6 by swiping down the notification bar at the top of the screen with two fingers and selecting “Quick Connect” > “Register TV“.
If you have a TV that supports BLE, you can stream your TV to your device by swiping down the notification bar with two fingers, selecting the”Quick Connect“, choose the TV, then select “TV to mobile device“.
Option 2 – Chromecast
- If you do not have a smart TV that supports Chromecast, you can acquire a Chromecast and connect it to the HDMI port on your TV.
- Ensure the Chromecast and Galaxy S6 are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Install the Chromecast app on the Galaxy S6.
- Follow the wizard to setup your device with your TV.
- Apps like Netflix and YouTube will now have a “Cast” button within the app that you can use to send the video to the Chromecast and TV. If you want to mirror everything on the device, open the Chromecast app, select “Menu” , choose “Cast Screen / audio“, then select your Chromecast device in the list.
Does the Galaxy S6 support an MHL cable connection?
Unlike it’s predecessors, the Galaxy S6 does not support an MHL cable connection.
What about AllShare support?
AllShare has been replaced with a feature called Samsung Link. You can find out more about it here.
If you have any questions or find discrepancies with this post, please share in the comments section below.