You can make calls and play music from your Android device using the Sync technology built into the 2013 Ford Focus. Just follow these steps.
Connecting via Bluetooth
1. Press the Phone button on the car stereo. It should indicate that no phone is paired. Select OK.
2. When Find SYNC appears, press OK.
3. Enable Bluetooth on the Android under Settings > Wireless & networks > Bluetooth settings.
4. Your Android should scan and find a device called SYNC. Tap the SYNC selection, then enter the PIN that appears on the stereo’s screen.
Now you can select Aux > Menu and access the content on your device. You can also make and receive calls via the Focus stereo console as long as the device is still connected via Bluetooth.
Note: In my experience, track names did not appear when using Bluetooth. Track names did display when using the USB connection.
Connecting via USB
You can use a USB connection to play music on your Android device to the Ford Focus stereo. You cannot make and receive calls using a USB connection.
1. Connect the Android to the USB port using the USB cable that was included with your phone or device. The USB port is located in the center console in between the front passenger seats.
2. Select Aux > Menu on the stereo.
3. When Select Source appears on the screen, press OK.
4. Scroll to and select USB, then press OK.
5. Your music library is indexed. You will then be provided the Play Menu. You can select your music from any of the following areas.
- Play All
- Explore USB
- Similar Music