Don’t like the home screen on the Kindle Fire? Neither do I. So I changed it to make it look like the stock Android screen. You can easily do this using Apex Launcher. And you don’t even need to root the device to do this. Just follow these steps.
- From the Home screen, open “Settings” > “Security” and set the “Apps from Unknown Sources” option to “On“.
- Open the Silk browser and go to the page to download Apex Launcher from APK Mirror.
- Select the latest version, then the “Download” button.
- The file will download to your Kindle Fire. Once completed, swipe down the notification bar at the top of the screen, then select the file.
- Select “Install“.
- Once Apex Launcher is installed, you can select the Apex Launcher icon (looks like a house) to bring up a launcher that looks like Android, and launch apps from there.