Jio has revolutionized the telecom industry in India; however, their services are full of ads. The ads appear from time to time and can spoil your experience as a user. It often happens when you disconnect from your call, charge your device or open the Jio app. Some users may not realize that it is Jio instigating the ads and blame other apps.
If you are using Jio service and worried about ads on your Android phone, then we have you covered. In this tutorial, we will teach you how to disable/block ads from Jio on your phone.
How to Block Jio from Showing Ads on Your Android Device?
- Get rid of all the Jio apps, including Jio 4G Voice, MyJio and so on. This will stop the ads.
- If you decide to keep Jio apps, you can revoke Jio apps permission. To do so, long press the app icon. Tap on the info button and remove all the permissions by unchecking everything. Make sure to turn off the “draw over the apps” permission. This will stop the ads that roll over the app’s interface.
- Root your phone and install AdAway. This will allow you to block IP addresses and hostnames. Rooting your phone is difficult and is only recommended for those who know how to do it.
- If you are using Jio apps, you can turn off ads by going to its settings and then toggle off the “App can appear on top” setting. Go to the Jio apps installed and turn the option off.
- Use the Greenify app that helps you to hibernate Jio apps. By doing so, Jio apps will not run in the background, preventing any form of ads.
- Another way you can prevent the ads from appearing is to disable background data for Jio apps. Without any background data, they cannot show any ads.
- Last, but not the least, you can prevent ads from showing up by disabling Telephone access.
If none of the steps above work, then you are left with a last solution. Call Jio customer service and ask them to solve the problem for you. Typically, they will ask you your phone’s IMEI number. After that, it should take anywhere from a few days to a week for them to fix it. The ads should be disabled from the server when they have done this.
You can also grab their attention by tweeting them at @JioCare.
Pros & Cons of Using Android Devices
While Android is the most widespread mobile operating system in the world, with predictions of becoming the dominant OS in general, that doesn’t mean that it is superior to its counterparts in every way, especially when we consider the iOS.
Depending on your phone, your proficiency, and your needs, you may want to opt for a different operating system or learn how to make the most out of the Android version on your smartphone.
– Easy to program
– Allows 3rd party apps
– Not as streamlined
– Slightly hardware intensive
– Questionable app oversight
If you want to learn how to make your own apps, or to find out how most current Android apps work, you might want to take out Android Programming for Beginners that provides a nice, gentle learning curve for all that want to learn.
The best approach is to contact Jio customer support and let them get rid of the ads for you. However, you can always try the methods that are listed above as they can also help you get rid of the Jio Ads on your Android phone.
Did this help? Let us know!