How to soft and hard reset your BlackBerry Classic smartphone.
Perform a soft reset if your BlackBerry Classic has become unresponsive or frozen. A soft reset will not wipe data from the device.
- Press and hold the “Power” button for about 20 seconds.
- Perform a hard reset to wipe all data from the BlackBerry Classic.
- Open BlackBerry Link on your computer.
- Connect the device to your computer using the USB cable.
- Select your device on the left pane.
- Go to “Back Up & Restore” > “Factory Reset” (Windows) or “BlackBerry Link” > “Preferences” > “Reload” > “Reload” (Mac OSX).