Samsung S20, the latest S series release phone release, is a revolutionary phone in every aspect. It is comes loaded with 8K Video Snap which has not only set the benchmark on video capture and photography, but it is loaded 5G. This is a radical step into the future of mobile speed and reliability. Also, it comes with an intelligent battery and massive storage space. Then, add in the Samsung Knox security feature, and powerful processor. This phone unveils a new world of smartphones.
It has become the norm for people to send emojis and selfies to friends. With the Augmented Reality (AR) technology, you can create, edit, or customize animated emojis of your favorite cartoon characters and share them with friends and family. The AR emoji let’s you make an animated digital version of yourself or your facial expressions. This is one of the epic augmented reality features in Samsung S20.
AR Features in the Galaxy S20
Below is a list of some of the AR features they’ve developed in the Galaxy S20:
- The AR Emoji Camera allows you to create an emoji that resembles you. You can also record videos, take photos using character Emoji’s or My Emoji’s.
- With AR Emoji Stickers, you can make stickers, Emoji actions, and expressions.
- AR Doodle is used to record fun videos with virtual simulated drawings or handwriting captured on the face or elsewhere within the images.
- AR Emoji Studio enables you to decorate or Edit My Emoji and make customized Emoji stickers.
- Using Quick Measure, you can measure the size and distance of objects easily.
- In Deco Pic, you can capture videos or photos with numerous stickers.
Samsung S20 Settings for AR
AR Emoji will be in Mask mode by default when first created and will follow your facial expressions, to have it follow your body expressions you will have to select the Mirror mode. However, AR Emoji does not include hand gestures.
How to Create My Emoji
To create one, use the following steps:
- To begin, open your camera app then on the AR Emoji icon on the viewfinder. Tap “+” to make a new emoji, or you can select a pre-existing emoji you find cute.
- Capture a portrait image of your face in the center of the screen to align it with a new emoji.
- Select the shape of your emoji. This could be either male or female.
- Choose your preferred style. You can even edit the design and color of the clothes.
- Tap Next and remember you can always change the style in the future.
Now you are good to go! You can take photos or record videos with your emoji.
How to Create AR Emoji Stickers
To create your stickers, expressions, and actions, follow these steps:
- Tap Get Started.
- Design your sticker and save.
- Select stickers and download them.
- Go to the photo gallery to find the emoji stickers that you have downloaded.
How to Create AR Noodle
- The recognition software will reflect the screen whenever the camera recognizes a subject.
- You can draw or write in the recognition area. At this point, if you tap the recording button ‘the red dot’ you can begin to doodle and have fun.
- Then tap the Record button to enable the video to record.
- When you finished recording tap the Stop button to end the video recording. The video will be saved in the Photo Gallery where you can view or share it.
You can use virtual drawing or handwriting to record fun videos on your face for those who love selfies. The camera is intelligent in that when it recognizes the face and the doodle will follow the face in motion.