You can share pictures on your Android device by sending them via email or text message. Here’s how.
Send Photo via Text Message
- Open the “Messages” app.
- Select the + icon, then choose a recipient or open an existing message thread.
- Select the + icon to add an attachment.
- Tap the Camera icon to take a picture, or tap the Gallery icon to browse for a photo to attach.
- Add text if desired, then tap the MMS button to send your image with your text message.
Send Photo via Gmail
- Open the “Gmail” app.
- Tap the Pen icon to start a new message, or open an existing message thread.
- Type a recipient’s email address in the “To” field.
- Tap the Paperclip icon, then choose “Attach file“.
- Navigate to and select the image you wish to attach.
- Complete your message, then send it. Your file will be attached to the message.
Send Photos from Photos App
- Open the “Photos” app.
- Tap and hold the image you wish to send. Additionally, you can then select any other photos you wish to send.
- Select the “Share” button.
- Select the method you wish to use to send the image (“Gmail”, “Messages”, etc.).
This post applies to Android version 7 (Nougat).