When you’re new to your Android phone, you may not know the phone number to the device. Heck! You never have to use your own phone number, right? Fortunately, there are several ways to find the phone number assigned to your Android phone.
Option 1 – Android Settings
The location may vary depending on your version of the Android OS. For many versions, you can use these steps.
- From the Home screen, open “Settings“.
- Scroll down and select “About phone” or “About device“. Some versions of Android display the phone number on this screen. If not, proceed to step 3.
- Select “Status” or “Phone identity“.
- Select “SIM Status“.
- Your phone number is listed in the “My Phone Number” section of the screen.
Option 2 – USSD Code
- Open the “Phone” app and dial 99 or *#99#.
Your phone number will be displayed on the screen.
Option 3 – Automated Phone Line
- Open the “Phone” app and dial 1-800-444-4444. Listen and you will hear the number you are calling from.
Why does my phone number show as “Unknown” or “Empty”?
There may be a problem with your account or your SIM card was not inserted properly. Try ejecting and re-seating the SIM card. Otherwise, contact your wireless provider.