When you’re new to your Android phone, you may not know the phone number to the device. Heck! You never have to use your own phone number, right? Fortunately, there is a way to view the phone number assigned to your Android phone within the settings.
The location may vary depending on your version of the Android OS. For many versions, you can use these steps.
- From the Home screen, open “Settings“.
- Scroll down and select “About phone” or “About device“. Some versions of Android display the phone number on this screen. If not, proceed to step 3.
- Select “Status” or “Phone identity“.
Your phone number should be displayed on the screen. On some devices, it may be listed under “Voice MSISDN Line 1” or “SIM card status“.<
- Open the “Messages” app.
- Select “Settings“.
- Scroll to the bottom to see “Phone number“.
- Dial 1-800-444-4444 and it will read the number you are calling from.
There may be a problem with your account or your SIM card was not inserted properly. Try ejecting and re-seating the SIM card. Otherwise, contact your wireless provider.