The ability to check the status of a text message to see if it was delivered to the recipient is a feature found on most normal phones. On the Android OS though, you have to enable the feature that provides this information as it is usually disabled by default.
Before you can view delivery information, you have to enable reporting in the Messaging app.
- Open the “Messenger” app.
- Select the “Menu” button located at the upper-right corner, then choose “Settings“.
- Select “Advanced settings“.
- Enable “SMS delivery reports“.
Note: Steps may vary depending on the phone and version of the Android OS you are using.
Galaxy S7 Steps
- Open the “Messenger” app (or whatever you use for texting).
- Select “More” > “Settings“.
- Choose “More settings“.
- Select “Text messages” or “Multimedia messages” as desired.
- Turn on the “Delivery reports“. On some versions, the setting may be separated by SMS and MMS. Select them as desired.
Now when you send a text message you can tap and hold the message and select “View message details“. On some models, it may be under “View report“.
The statuses will show “Received“, “Delivered“, or may simply show the time of delivery. If the message was not delivered, it may show as “Pending” or “None” status.
The status will only be displayed on text messages sent after this setting was enabled.