I don’t like Word 2013 or 2010 telling me what to do. It auto-capitalizes things that I don’t want it to. I can capitalize my own work thank you! You can change Word’s Auto Capitalization settings to your liking by performing these steps.
1. Expand the Office Quick Access Toolbar and select “More Commands…” .
2. Click “Proofing” and then click the “AutoCorrect Options…” button.
3. Here you can check the boxes to customize what you want Word to automatically capitalize.
- Correct Two Initial Capitals
- Capitalize first letter of sentences
- Capitalize first letter of table cells
- Capitalize names of days
- Correct accidental usage of caps lock key
You may also set Exceptions if you don’t want these settings to apply to certain words.
4. Click OK, then OK again when you are done.
These settings are also located other Office applications such as Excel and PowerPoint.