I received an error when I tried to open a Powerpoint or .PPS file attachment from Windows Mail today.
This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel
To solve this issue, I had to create an association for the .PPS file to PowerPoint 2007 application using these steps:
1. Hold down the Windows Key and press R or go to Start > Run.
2. Type control folders and click OK.
3. Click the File Types tab.
4. Scroll down and click once on the PPS Extension. If it doesn’t exist, Click New and type PPS. Click OK.
5. Click Change.
6. Choose Select the program from a list. Click OK.
7. Select Microsoft Office PowerPoint Viewer in the list.
If it isn’t there, click Browse… and browse to:
Powerpoint 2002 users:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE10\PPTVIEW.EXE
Powerpoint 2003 users:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\PPTVIEW.EXE
PowerPoint 2007 users:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE12\PPTVIEW.EXE
PowerPoint 2010 users:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE13\PPTVIEW.EXE
8. Click OK, the OK again.
Now close and reopen Windows Mail and see if the problem persists.