Install a printer in Windows 7 using an IP address.
1. Click Start and type print in the search box. Click Devices and Printers.
2. Select Add a printer.
3. Select Add a Network, Wireless, or a Bluetooth Printer.
4. The printer may appear in the box. If so, select it. If not click The Printer That I Want Isn’t Listed.
5. Select Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname. Click Next.
6. Select TCP/IP Device in the Device type list.
7. Type the hostname or the IP address of the printer. Click Next.
8. Windows 7 should find the printer if the printer is on and configured correctly. You may have to specify more information. If prompted, Select the type of network adapter installed in the printer in the Device Type drop-down list. You can also click Custom to specify custom settings for the network printer. Click Next.
Windows Vista will now walk you through installing the drivers for the printer. After that is complete, you should be able to print to the printer via direct IP address.