Want to use the Telnet application included with Windows 8 or Windows 7? You first need to enable the program. Here’s how it’s done.
From Control Panel
1. Open Control Panel.
2. Open Programs.
3. Select the Turn Windows features on or off option.
4. Check the Telnet Client box.
5. Click OK. A box will appear that says “Windows features” and “Searching for required files“.When complete, the Telnet client should be installed in Windows.
You can also install the Telnet Client by issuing a command.
1. Hold down the Windows Key, then press “R“.
2. The Run dialog box appears. Type:
3. Select “OK” and Windows will install the Telnet client.