When attempting to run software on your Microsoft Windows 10 computer, you may encounter an error that says “This publisher has been blocked from running software on your machine“.
This message may appear because a systems administrator at your organization has blocked the publisher. It may have also happened by accident when the software was previously installed.
Whatever the reason, you can usually fix this error with these steps.
- Select the “Start” button, then type “CMD“.
- “Command Prompt” should appear as an option. Right-click it, then choose “Run as Administrator“.
- From the Command Prompt, type the target of the application, then press “Enter“. If you don’t know the target, you can usually obtain it from the icon of the application by right-clicking and selecting “Properties“. The path and name will be shown in the “Target” field.
The program should open without error.
- Right-click the Start button and choose “Control Panel“.
- Select “Network and Internet” > “Internet Options” > “Content” > “Certificates“.
- Scroll the tabs over to the right and select “Untrusted Publishers“.
- Select the publisher of the software you are trying to run, then select “Remove“.