If you wish to erase all data from the Nintendo Wii, you can do so from within the menus of the system. Performing these steps will format the system and set everything back to factory default settings.
Delete Wii Shop Channel Info
It is recommended that you remove the Wii Shop Channel information first then format the system memory if you are transferring ownership or selling your Wii console. Otherwise, the new owner will have access to your personal Wii Shop account and purchases. To do so, follow these steps first.
1. Select the Wii Shop Channel from the Main Menu.
2. Select Start.
3. From the Wii Shop Channel menu, select Settings.
4. Select Remove Wii Shop Channel Account.
5. Select Remove to confirm the removal.
1. From the Main Menu, select the Wii icon on the bottom left of the screen.
2. Select Wii Settings.
3. Click the right arrow 2 times to get to the 3rd page of the Wii Settings.
4. Select Format Wii System Memory.
5. Confirm by selecting Format.
The Nintendo Wii will then take a moment to erase itself and be returned to factory default settings.