Some people like the blue light on that illuminates around the disc slot of the Nintendo Wii. Others are annoyed when it starts blinking. Here’s how to enable, disable or dim the light.
1. Select the Wii icon on the bottom left of the Main Menu.
2. Select Wii Settings.
3. Flip to page 2 of the Wii Settings.
4. Select WiiConnect24.
5. Select Slot Illumiation.
6. Select one of the following:
- Bright- To make the light blink bright.
- Dim- To make the light blink dim.
- Off- To disable the light.
As a note, the light doesn’t turn on unless there is a message that is unread. Unfortunately, there is no setting on the Wii that makes the blue light stay on all the time. But there are ways to hack it.