Apple iOS devices like the Apple iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch will display the mobile version of Twitter if you try to visit the site using the Safari browser. To access all the features on Twitter and view the full website, you can follow these steps.
Note: There used to be an option on Twitter’s site to switch to a desktop version of the site. Twitter has removed it though.
First, just forget about accessing the desktop version of Twitter in the Safari web browser within iOS. There is no way to make it work without changing the User Agent String. It will redirect to mobile.twitter.com every time. Instead you will need to use the Chrome browser to successfully display the desktop version of Twitter on the iPhone or iPad.
- Download and install Google Chrome for iOS.
- Select the “Menu” button in the upper-right corner, then choose “New Incognito Tab“.
- In the Incognito Chrome tab, visit any other website other than Twitter.
- Select the “Menu” button in the upper-right corner, then choose “Request Desktop Site“.
- Now visit Twitter.com in the Incognito tab. The desktop version of Twitter should display.