You can transfer music files directly from the iTunes application to the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4. Here’s how it’s done.
- Download and install the Samsung Kies software.
- Connect the Galaxy Tab 4 to your computer using the include USB cable. The Tab 4 should show under the “Connected devices” section in the Samsung Kies software.
- Select “Music” under the Tab 4 in the left pane.
- Open iTunes and navigate to a view that displays your music.
- Drag and drop music from the iTunes window to the Kies window. Whatever you drag and drop will take a moment to import. It will then transfer to your device.
Why don’t some songs copy over to the Kies software?
Music files that were purchased years ago may be DRM protected. iTunes DRM protected files cannot be played on anything other than Apple devices.
Use the Kind field to sort your music by clicking it. If a track shows as a Protected AAC Audio file, the you will not be able to play it on the Galaxy Tab 4. Anything else can be copied over and used.