Remove apps from your Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 and free up some memory. You can uninstall apps as long as they weren’t included as part of the ROM of the tablet. So there are some apps that can’t be removed. Apps you’ve added from the Google Play can be removed with these steps.
- From the Home screen, select the app slider located at the bottom right portion of the screen.
- Open “Settings“.
- Select the “General” option at the top of the screen.
- Choose “Application Manager“.
- Select the application you wish to remove.
- Tap the “Uninstall” button.
- Tap “OK“.
The app will then be removed from the Galaxy Tab 4.
I can’t uninstall certain apps. Why do I have apps where “Uninstall updates” is the only option?
Apps like the “Galaxy Apps” or “Google Play” are part of the built-in ROM of the Galaxy Tab 4 and cannot be completely removed. You can “freeze” the app though by selecting the “Turn off” option. This will hide the app from view and prevent it from performing actions. However, the app will technically remain installed.
If you want the ability to completely remove all apps, you will have to root your device.