A hard reset will reset the Samsung Galaxy Tab back to factory default settings. You would perform these steps if you want the device prepared to sell or return to the store, but you may also want to perform a hard reset if there are problems with the device that you can’t seem to solve using any other method.
Note: These steps clear data from the device. SD card data like your photos and music are not erased unless you choose to format the SD card.
1. With the device off, press and hold Volume Up and Power.
2. Release the Power button when you see the Samsung logo, but continue to hold Volume Up until the recovery screen appears.
3. Use the Volume buttons to navigate the menu and select wipe data / factory reset. Press Home to choose the selection.
4. Press Volume Up continue.
The Galaxy Tab should then go through the hard reset process.
If you have access to the OS, you can also perform a hard reset in Settings.
1. Open the Settings app.
2. Select Privacy.
3. Choose Factory data reset.Last modified March 21, 2012