You may want to connect your Samsung Galaxy S6 to your PC if you want to transfer videos or music between the devices. Use these steps to get started.
- Windows users should download and install the USB drivers for the Galaxy S6. Mac and Linux users do not need to install any software. Optionally, Windows and Mac users can download and install the Samsung Kies software.
- Connect the device to an available USB port using the included USB cable.
- A prompt will appear on the screen of the phone. Drag the notification area down, then make a selection based on what you wish to do with the device.
- Connected as media Device > Media device (MTP) – Use this selection if you wish to use Windows Explorer or the Mac Finder to manually transfer files between the PC and the phone or to utilize Windows Media Player.
- Connected as a media device > Camera (PTP) – To use your phone as a camera.
You may also use the Samsung Kies software to manage files such as music or pictures on the Galaxy S6. You can download and install the Kies software from the Samsung website. Once the Kies software is installed, it will automatically start whenever you connect the phone to your computer and is compatible with both Mac and Windows.
You should now know everything you need to know about connecting your Samsung Galaxy S6 to your PC.
Why is my computer not detecting the Galaxy S6?
If you are using Windows, ensure you have installed the proper drivers. Otherwise, I recommend using the cable that was included with your device, but some users have discovered that another cable works better. You may also want to try a different USB port. Also, ensure the S6 is connected directly to a port on your computer and there are no hubs or other equipment being used.