Samsung Galaxy Note owners may experience a problem when attempting to connect their device to Kies. Users have solved this problem by trying a few different things.
1. Open Settings and select Wireless & network.
2. Choose USB Utilities.
3. Select Connect storage to PC.
1. Unplug the device from the computer.
2. Press and hold the Power button, then turn the device off.
3. Turn the phone back on without it being plugged into anything.
4. Plug the device back into your PC using the USB port.
If you have an SD card inserted, some users have fixed this problem by removing the SD card from their device. Turn the phone off, then physically remove the SD card and attempt to connect via Kies.
If you are a Windows user, Check under Control Panel > Programs on your PC for something called Microsoft User Mode Driver Framework. If it is listed, uninstall it. You may have to reinstall the drivers for your Galaxy Note for this option to work.
1. Disconnect the phone from your PC.
2. Open the phone dialer, then dial the following:
2. The PhoneUtil app is launched. Select USB – Modem.
3. Choose USB – PDA mode.
4. Connect the Galaxy Note to the PC.
Hopefully one of these options worked for you. Let everybody know your results below in the comments section.