You may need to reset your AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note if it has malfunctioned. You can perform a soft reset if the device is frozen or otherwise unresponsive, or a hard reset if you wish to set it back to factory default settings.
To force the device to restart without wiping any data, simply press and hold the Power button for about 10 to 20 seconds until the device turns off. You should then be allowed to turn the device back on as normal.
Hard Reset Using Buttons
Note: A hard reset deletes data. Before performing these steps, be sure to backup your data if you wish. Some data can be backed up under Settings > Privacy > Back up my data and data that syncs with Google should re-sync once you have performed the reset as long as you use the same account.
1. With the Galaxy Note powered off, press and hold the Volume Up, Volume Down and Power buttons.
2. When you see the Samsung logo appear, release the Power button, but continue to hold Volume Up and Volume Down.
3. Release all buttons when the System Recovery screen appears.
3. Toggle the selection to highlight wipe data / factory reset using the Volume Down button.
4. Press the Power button to choose the selection.
Hard Reset From Android OS
1. Choose Settings > Privacy > Factory data reset.
2. Check the Format USB storage option if you wish to erase data such as music and photos from the device. (Not required)
3. Select Reset phone > Erase everything.