How to clear cache, history, cookies, stored usernames and passwords, etc. in Safari for the Mac or Windows versions.
1. In Safari, select Edit > Preferences…
2. Select the Privacy tab.
3. Select Remove All Website Data… to clear everything or select Details… to only clear data from certain websites.
Other options are available on the Reset Safari screen.
1. In Safari, click Edit > Reset Safari…
2. You will get a Reset Safari screen. Check the items you wish to reset. You can select:
- Clear History
- Reset Top Sites
- Remove all webpage preview images
- Clear the Downloads window
- Remove all website icons
- Remove saved names and passwords
- Removed other AutoFill form text
- Close all Safari windows
- Reset all location warning
- Remove all website data.
3. Click Reset when you’re done.
Do these steps every so often to ensure the browser is tuned up and free of private data from being stored on the hard drive.