After estimating that I would spend more money on beer at my local bar to watch my beloved Chicago Bears, I decided to shell out $300 for the NFL Sunday Ticket on the Sony PlayStation 3. I was greatly disappointed with my experience though, as the video was choppy. The game would also constantly pause and get stuck on the “loading” icon.
Frustrated, I emailed Sony for a refund. Instead of giving me my money back , they suggested several steps. I didn’t think they would work, but they did. This week, my NFL Sunday Ticket app is working flawlessly. Here are the steps.
1. Turn off Media Server
Go to Settings > Network Settings > Media Server Connection > Disable. You may not have to do what’s listed below to fix this issue, as I think this step mattered the most.
2. Uninstall Sunday Ticket
Select the NFL Sunday Ticket app on the list under Video, then select Triangle on your controller, then Delete.
3. Restore the File System
- Turn off the PlayStation 3 system by holding the Power button until the power light turns red.
- Press and hold the Power button until you hear 3 beeps. The power light will then turn from red to green and back to red.
- Press and hold the Power button again. Listen for 2 beeps, followed by a double beep. After the double beep, release Power. The light should still be green.
- Use a plugged in controller to select option 3 on the menu.
4. Reinstall NFL Sunday Ticket
Select Account Management > Transaction Management > Download > NFL Sunday Ticket.
After performing these steps, I am currently enjoying NFL Sunday Ticket on my PS3 without any choppiness or interruptions. The game is just as good as when I watch it through my antenna or cable provider.
If you use a wireless router and still have problems after performing these steps, you may want to consider plugging your PS3 directly into your cable modem. You’ll get a better connection to the Internet and it can help a lot with such a hungry app like this one.Last modified October 19, 2012