Today, my project was getting Outlook 2013 or 2010 configured to work with my Gmail account. Here are the steps I took to get it all connected.
- Login to Gmail.
- Select Settings Gear at the top right corner of the page and select Settings.
- Select the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- Select Enable IMAP.
- Select any other options as desired and click Save Changes when you are done.
Microsoft Outlook Steps
- Click the “File” menu.
- At the top where it says “Account Information“, click the dropdown menu.
- Select “Add Account…”
- Fill in the name as you would like to appear in your email messages, your Gmail address, and the password to your Gmail account. Click “Next” when you’re done.
- Outlook will communicate with the Google Mail server. This may take a few minutes.
- You should be successfully connected and your Gmail will now work through Outlook. Click “Finish” to start using it.