Microsoft Outlook 2013 will automatically provide a list of email addresses as you type them in the To: field when composing an email. If you want to clear this list, follow these steps.
Delete Individual Email Addresses
You can delete individual email addresses from the Auto-Complete list by typing the email address into the To: field when composing an email. When the address appears, select the “X” next to it and it will be removed.
Clear Entire Address List
- Select “File“.
- Choose “Options“.
- Select “Mail” on the left pane, then scroll all the way down to the “Send messages” section.
- Select the “Empty Auto-Complete List” button. If you want to turn off the Auto-Complete feature, uncheck the “Use Auto-Complete List to suggest names when typing in the To, CC, and Bcc lines“, then select “OK“.
- Select “Yes” on the dialog box that appears.
Clear Entire List The IT Professional Way
- Hold down the Windows Key and press “R“.
- Type “C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\RoamCache” then press “Enter“.
- Delete the “.DAT” file that starts with “Stream_Autocomplete“.
After using the above options, you are now you’re ready to start fresh with a new Auto Complete list in Outlook 2013.
Side Note: The Auto-Complete List gets populated by email addresses you have sent email to from Outlook in the past. It doesn’t look at any Contacts lists for this data.