Of you are an Outlook 2010 user in an Exchange environment, you can easily set an Out of Office message if you’re going to be away for a few days.
1. In Outlook, select the File menu.
2. Click Info on the left side.
3. Click Automatic Replies (Out of Office). If this option is grayed out, you may not be connected to an Exchange server and will not be able to use this feature.
4. Select the Send automatic replies option. You can also check Only send during this time range: and select a time frame to send the replies.
5. Select the Inside My Organization tab and type the reply you would like sent to your co-workers who are on the same mail system.
6. Select the Outside My Organization tab and type the reply you would like sent to people outside of your organization.
Last modified October 24, 2012